Chicago Insurance Company’s First Review 2022
For more than 100 years, First Chicago Insurance Company has provided auto insurance policies to drivers in the central United States. Founded in 1920 as the Chicago Ice Producers Mutual Liability Company, the company changed from mutual governance to a joint stock company in 2006 and became a subsidiary of J&P Holdings, Inc. With a long history in the industry from auto insurance, this company offers many products to meet the coverage needs of drivers.
First auto insurance in Chicago
Primarily an auto insurance provider, First Chicago Insurance Company offers policies for personal and business driving. The provider offers low rates and friendly service, both of which are enhanced by their wide range of discounts available.
Types of coverage
First Chicago Insurance Company offers the following personal auto insurance coverages:
- Liability coverage: With this coverage, drivers will have protection against bodily injury and property damage to others if they are involved in an accident.
- Medical payments: This coverage pays for the medical costs incurred by the policyholder and the passengers as a result of a car accident. Coverage also applies if you are injured by a vehicle as a pedestrian.
- Coverage for uninsured motorists: First Chicago Insurance Company currently offers three types of coverage for uninsured motorists. With Personal Injury to Uninsured Motorists coverage, customers get coverage for injuries sustained by themselves or their passengers if they are involved in an accident with an uninsured driver. Underinsured Motorist Personal Injury provides coverage for injuries if the other party does not have sufficient insurance coverage to pay for the damage they cause you. Uninsured Motorist Property Damage Coverage covers damage to your vehicle caused by an uninsured driver.
- Collision coverage: This coverage option applies to damage to your vehicle caused by a collision with another car or other object. Collision coverage is only available if the driver has also selected comprehensive coverage as part of their policy.
- Full coverage: This option provides coverage for non-collision losses, such as theft, flood, fire or acts of nature. Comprehensive coverage is sometimes referred to as “non-collision” coverage.
To help make policies more affordable for drivers, First Chicago Insurance Company offers the following discounts:
- Preliminary estimate: Existing policyholders who choose to receive a quote before their renewal date will receive a discount if they transfer their coverage to First Chicago Insurance Company.
- Anti-theft: Drivers who have qualifying anti-theft systems installed in their vehicles may be eligible for a discount.
- Defensive pilot: Insureds who have taken a qualifying defensive driving course can provide proof that they have passed the course to qualify for a defensive driving discount.
- Driving record: Safe drivers (those who have not reported any accidents or traffic violations in the past five years) will be rewarded with a discount.
- Good student: High school and college students who consistently perform well in school can provide their report card to receive a good student discount on their policies.
- Owners: Although First Chicago Insurance Company does not offer home insurance, it does offer a discount to customers who have home insurance policies elsewhere.
- Multi-car: By insuring more than one vehicle through First Chicago Insurance Company, customers can benefit from a discount on their premium.
- Fully paid: If you choose to pay your entire policy, you may be paying less than if you paid your premium monthly.
- Renewal: By simply being a loyal customer and renewing your policy at the end of your term of coverage, First Chicago Insurance Company will apply a discount.
- Prior insurance: Drivers who have had previous insurance coverage may receive a reduction depending on the length of their coverage from the previous provider and whether they have met the basic requirements for coverage in their state.
Reasons why First Chicago is a good option
Drivers living in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Texas may be eligible for coverage through the First Chicago Insurance Company. With over 100 years of industry experience, this supplier is a trusted source of coverage, providing basic and rugged coverage solutions to drivers.
Because First Chicago Insurance Company only covers specific states, drivers living outside of their service area are not eligible for coverage. Additionally, despite a long history in the insurance industry, First Chicago Insurance Company has a below average financial strength rating through AM Best. A lower financial strength rating could indicate that the business may be more vulnerable to financial hardship, which could affect its ability to cover customer claims.
Chicago First Ratings, Reviews, Customer Satisfaction, and Complaints
First Chicago Insurance Company has a lower than average AM Best financial strength rating, currently set at B- (fair). While this is an improvement over their previous C ++ (marginal) rating in previous years, it is lower than what is considered ideal for an insurer.
Despite over 100 years of service, First Chicago Insurance Company does not currently hold a JD Power customer satisfaction rating. However, the company is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has an A + rating.
The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) maintains customer service ratings with 1.0 representing a benchmark. A score greater than 1.0 indicates an above average number of complaints, while a number less than 1.0 indicates a lower than average number of complaints. The Business Complaints Index for First Chicago Insurance Company is 4.82.
|Better Business Bureau||A +|
Additional policies offered by First Chicago
- Commercial auto insurance
- General liability insurance
- Health insurance
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to get a quote from First Chicago?
Those looking for coverage through First Chicago Insurance Company can request a free quote by completing the online quote tool or calling 1-888-262-8864. When requesting a quote online, customers must provide their postal code, first name, age, gender, marital status, information on previous offenses and accidents and vehicle information.
How do I file a complaint with First Chicago?
First Chicago Insurance Company offers a 24-hour direct claims service line where customers can submit a claim. The hotline number is 1-888-262-8864. Alternatively, customers can submit a car accident form online.